The error of “Invalid Code” is commonly caused by the following factors. You may examine the cause of this error as follows.
- Inputting the wrong type of code.
When two-factor authentication is required, users have to input a 6-digit one-time code generated by your authentication app, the code will be refreshed once the previous one has expired in 30 seconds.
- System time is inaccurate.
The local time of your 2FA device should be synchronized with the actual time to make the 2FA code work. Follow the instructions below to sync time.
- Go to the Main Menu on the Google Authenticator app
- Select Settings.
- Select Time correction for codes.
Select Sync now.
If this feature has already been enabled, please disable it, wait for a few seconds and then re-enable it.
On the next screen, the app will confirm that the time has been synced, and you should now be able to use your verification codes.
- Go to Settings of your Authenticator app.
- Select General.
- Select Date & Time.
- Enable Set Automatically.
- If it is already enabled, please disable it, wait for a few seconds and then re-enable it.
If you have already performed a time sync on your device, but the problem still persists, please refer to this guide to reset your 2FA.