The process of setting up firmware for different miners or brands is similar. Let’s take Antminer as an example:
- Enter the IP address of the miner in the browser address bar, enter the username and password (default set as root), click “OK” to enter the miner interface page, and click “Update”.
- Click “Select File”, choose the respective firmware in the pop-up dialog box, and click “OK”.
- Click “Flash Image” on the right-hand-side to start the firmware update.
- The preset mining pool and username will remain unchanged if you click “Keep settings”. You may need to reset the mining pool and username after the firmware update if not.
- The whole upgrade process takes about 2 minutes. Miners must remain switched ON and must not exit the page during the process.
The operation of most miners are similar and the only difference will be the upgrade procedures. You can find relevant details on the official website.
Firmware can also be downloaded from the official website or directly from the F2Pool tools page.